You might consider including Seaweed as an ingredient in your next white or private label multivitamin supplement. Its gained a lot of exposure and usage as a single ingredient supplement or used in conjunction with other synergistic elements within a multivitamin.
Seaweed has been a principal component in Asian cuisine for a long time now. Slowly, it is gaining popularity in the Western World due to the extra vitamins and minerals they add to your diet. Regular consumption of seaweed is often advised since it boosts your health and protects you from various diseases. Edible seaweed is classified initially by color. The most prevalent types of seaweed used in cooking are red, green, blue-green, and brown. They have immense health benefits hence should be an integral part of the diet.
Advantages of Edible Seaweed
- Seaweed contains iodine and tyrosine, which support the function of the thyroid gland. The unavailability of iodine causes symptoms like fatigue, weight changes, and swelling in the neck area. Edible seaweeds contain the unique ability to absorb concentrated iodine from the ocean, making them ideal additions to your diet. Seaweeds also have a healthy amount of tyrosine in them. The amino acid tyrosine is widely used with iodine for the two hormones that regulate the working of the thyroid gland.
- Seaweed is one of the best sources of vitamins and minerals. Not only does seaweed add texture and flavor to your dish, but it also makes it much healthier and more nutritious. It is a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, along with sodium, zinc, folate, and much more. It is a good source of omega 3 fats and contributes proteins from spirulina and chlorella containing essential amino acids. Sprinkling seaweed on your dish enhances its health standards altogether.
- Seaweed is also accredited to containing various protective antioxidants. They help prevent damage to your cells and reduce the chances of heart disease and diabetes. They contain different beneficial plant compounds which protect the body cells from free radical damage. Fucoxanthin, a particular plant compound, has been found to have 13.5 times more antioxidant capacity than vitamin E and gives better protection to cell membranes than vitamin A.
- It has been found that seaweed has fiber and polysaccharides, which support your gut health. They improve your digestion considerably and nourish the cell lining of your gut.
- Seaweeds help you lose weight. The primary reason behind it is that seaweeds are rich in fibers that do not contain any calories. This delays stomach emptying too and decreases hunger. At the same time, seaweeds have been found to contain fucoxanthin which helps reduce body fat.
- Seaweeds also help you reduce the risk of heart disease and keep your blood sugar level under control. They contain carbohydrates that prevent the blood from clotting, thus reducing heart disease risks. Also, seaweeds contain compounds that help you keep your blood sugar levels in check and avoid diabetes.
Edible seaweeds are often used as sprinklers with dishes. This is because they have immense health benefits, which boost our immunity levels and reduce the risk of diseases. Seaweeds have been a mainstream part of Asian cuisine for a long time now and have recently been under the spotlight in the Western world! Who doesn’t like a nutritious addition to their diet? Seaweeds are the best choice for essential nutrients then!
Ready to get started? Click the link below to find out what is possible!
Why JW Nutritional for Supplement Manufacturing?
JW Nutritional can manufacture a wide variety of supplements to suit the needs of your customers. With the inclusion of our complete packaging solutions including bottles with lid closures, sachets, stick packs and zip-seal bags, clients can receive a complete product that is ready for order fulfillment. If you are interested in the vitamin manufacturing services we offer, please contact us today!