JW Nutritional is looking for an R&D Project Coordinator. This individual works directly with the Director of R&D to manage and onboard new products for new and existing customers. The R&D Project Coordinator is responsible for providing answers to customer queries, coordinating product development, and tracking all ongoing projects within the department. This is a fast-paced position that requires attention to detail, daily communication with internal teams, customers, and multi-tasking capabilities. Key skills include being self-motivated, having a great work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications.
• Gather and organize all information required to process and complete project requests for review to
ensure on-time delivery to the customer
• Responsible for organizing, maintaining, and updating project documentation and files as appropriate
for each project type
• Maintain daily communication with customers and internal team members to update ongoing project
• Coordinate weekly meeting to inform integral team members of key project updates
• Support R&D Formulators, Technicians, and Account Managers with their projects, lab batches, raw
materials, documentation specifications, benchtop samples, etc.
• Review samples prior to shipment to ensure accurate labeling, documentation, usage, and shipping
• Update customers with expected delivery dates and tracking information for samples, documentation
status, and other task requests
• Support Quality departments by providing required ingredient and product documentation
• Support Supply Chain by providing price quote, MOQ, and lead time of new raw materials
• Manage and review sample submissions and test reports for raw materials and finished products
• Ensure required approvals and documentation are completed and filed prior to new product
production and release
• Publish KPIs/reports for R&D department
• Oversee raw material and sample retention storage, management, and organization
• Side projects: market research, pricing, etc.
• Other responsibilities as needed
Education & Experience:
• High school education or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, or Chemistry preferred
• Minimum 2+ years’ Project Coordination experience in Consumer Products, preferably in
manufacturing or an FDA regulated industry
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proven ability to maintain organization and timelines for multiple projects with short turn-around
• Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
• Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy in completing tasks
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
• Experience multi-tasking (phone calls, emails, documentation) in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain project deadlines and overcome unforeseen and sudden project changes with a
• Ability to interact with employees, clients, and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner
• Build and sustain cooperative working relationships, support and participate in teams, demonstrate
willingness to contribute to the success of Team objectives.
• Good understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations (GMP’s) and OSHA safety
• Wear hairnet, face mask, gloves, and lab coat when required
• Read, comprehend, and follow all SOPs and other written and verbal instructions
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to work overtime & weekends when required
We require temperature checks and wearing of a mask at our facilities. We ask visitors to follow these COVID protocols when visiting our sites.
Apply for job